How To Report Abuse

According to Mississippi law, ALL adults (anyone 18 or older) are required to report known or suspected cases of child abuse. If you observe abuse, a child tells you that they have been abused, or if you have reasonable cause to believe or suspect that a child is being abused, you are required to make a report to the Mississippi Department of Child Protective Services (CPS) immediately. You may also make a report to law enforcement.


If you are unsure whether or not you have reasonable suspicion, do not hesitate and make the report. The most important thing to remember is that you do not have to be certain abuse occurred, that is a job best left to investigators.

If you suspect a child has been abused, contact the Mississippi Division of Child Protective Services ONLINE or 1-800-222-8000 or 601-432-4570. 

Be Prepared To Provide The Following Information (As Known)

  1. Victim's name, home address or location, school information, age, race, and gender

  2. Description of the situation and marks or bruises that may be present

  3. Person responsible for victim's care, alleged perpetrator name(s), and witnesses to the situation 

  4. Other relevant information that would expedite an investigation such as manufacturing of drugs in the home, possession of weapons, domestic violence, etc. 

Hope Haven Children's Advocacy Center logo
Hope Haven
706 US Hwy 90
Waveland, MS 39576
Tel: 228.466.6395
Hope Haven is a proud member of 
Hope Haven Children's Advocacy Center

© 2020 by Hope Haven Children's Advocacy Center. 

websites made with love by bloom

Hope Haven Children's Advocacy Center does not discriminate or refuse services on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. 
This policy also applies to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, outside vendors, organization members and customers, service clients, use of contractors and consultants, and dealings with the general public. 
If you believe you have been unlawfully denied any services, employment opportunity, or otherwise discriminated against by an employer in violation of Title VII, you should contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The EEOC may be contacted by calling 1-800-669-4000 or 1-800-669-6820 (TTY).