UPDATED: DECEMBER 17, 2020
Child, Adolescent and
Reports To: Executive Director
This position is responsible for providing mental health assessment
and treatment to children and their caregivers impacted by abuse.
This position will provide on-site mental health therapy and crisis
intervention to families from primarily Hancock County and
potentially families from Pearl River County. The position will be
responsible for working collaboratively with community partners
and agencies to best support the mental health needs of the families we serve. This position may at times also include assistance with outreach and education to our community partners. Counseling will primarily occur onsite at the Hope Haven Children's Advocacy Center and office space will be provided. There is flexibility for some sessions to be scheduled at the counselors office based on the wishes of the client. Hope Haven can offer flexible hours and days for services to occur. This is negotiable.
Classification: Contracted, Part-time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide mental health services to victims and their caregivers on site at HHCAC as well as through TeleHealth
- Provide short and long-term mental health assessment and treatment services (specialized trauma-informed and evidence-based therapy) to children and their caregivers impacted by abuse. Must be able to provide documentation of current trauma based training certifications.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate therapeutic relationship with clients.
- Maintain clinical record keeping requirements, including therapy referrals, pre/post-assessments and treatment, and termination documentation promptly.
- Administer, score, and interpret evidence-based assessment tools.
- Work collaboratively with other mental health agencies and referring parties to connect families with appropriate therapeutic services.
- Provide statistics on service provision for grantors and other functions.
- Maintain high ethical standards concerning the treatment and client confidentiality.
- Maintain professional communications and case coordination with all involved agencies and community resources.
- Potentially organize educational groups for parents, guardians and family members of the trauma victim.
- Participate in regular supervision, team, and staff meetings as needed and/or required by CAC Accreditation Standards.
- Provide input (or attend occasionally, as needed) to monthly Multidisciplinary Team Review (MDT) meetings, provide consultation on case staffing when appropriate, and provide consulting services for MDT members on individual cases as requested.
- Provide written reports or occasional court testimony and expert witness testimony when requested.
- Adhere to the National Children’s Alliance (NCA) standards.
- Other duties as requested including community education.
- Hope Haven CAC will reimburse the counselor directly for any clients unable to pay. Counselor will recieve payment directly from clients referred by the CAC or bill the client's insurance as they do their non CAC clients. Counselor will bill Hope Haven directly for clients without insurance and who are unable to pay. Hope Haven CAC provides these services without regard to the clients ability to pay.
-Medicaid approved and certified providers strongly preferred.
-Counselor must be willing to provide reasonable and timely access for Hope Haven CAC clients to services without significant waiting list or delays.
Required Experience and License:
- Master’s degree in Behavioral Sciences and 2 years of clinical experience providing direct therapy to children, adolescents and their caregivers, having trauma from sexual abuse. MS or LA license as LCSW, LPC, or LCP or (eligible for license with appropriate supervision).
- Valid MS driver’s license in conjunction with proof of personal minimum liability insurance coverage.
- Trained and currently certified in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) and/or Parent-Child Interactive Therapy (PCIT). Other evidence based trauma therapy considered. Must meet CAC accreditation requirements.
HHCAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email resume and cover letter to: